Thursday, October 18, 2012

Baby Steps

I was hoping to get started on my first diaper by now, but I will admit, I am nervous to start. So in order to help me get over my fears, I went and bought  a a few refresher Velcro packs from my local diaper store. I figure that is a good place to start. I have several Bum Genius diapers that I haven't been using for a while because the Velcro is shot.

After taking twenty minutes to thread my sewing machine, I finally got started and it didn't take to long. Ok, So maybe it isn't perfect. But I have one more diaper today than I did last night :)

The new tab and laundry tab sewn on

A little crooked, but it works.

Things can only get better from here.

I am declaring our desk in our room "My sewing space" we never use our desktop computer since it doesn't work, so now that is my space. I cut out a pattern for a newborn diaper the other day so hopefully tonight I will be able to start that.

Wish me luck as I start to figure out how this is all going to work for me!

 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 
Hebrews 11:1

No comments:

Post a Comment