Saturday, April 6, 2013

How daddy can help when breast feeding

So I came across this article... On Pinterest of course :) but for real, it's a pretty good article. It is a list of ten things dads can do to help out a breast feeding mom. This is something that a lot of people don't think about during pregnancy, or even right after baby is born. I have nursed/pumped with both of  my boys, I know how exhausting it is. Dad can't get up in the middle of the night, Dad doesn't have to deal with the pains of nursing, Dad doesn't understand what we go through for our sweet little babes. I will post the list below, but Here is a link to the full article if you wanna check it out yourself.

1. Learn about breast feeding

2. Keep water bottles full, and withing arms reach at all breast feeding stations

3. Know where all breast feeding tools are and be ready to bring them to her

4. Prepare the breast pump

5. Provide some entertainment to keep her sane

6. Step up in doing household chores ( YES! This is the best help!)

7. As often as you can say positive, encouraging things to your wife

8. Freely and frequently give back/neck/foot massages ( another huge one)

9. Keep other children/ pets occupied so she can focus on the baby

10. Ask her what she needs

So next time your husband says " I don't know what to do to help" here is a little list to nudge him in the right direction. I have an awesome husband who will pretty much do anything I need in those first few weeks at home. I am a person who has a hard time accepting help, but as a new, exhausted mommy you NEED to make sure and make you are taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment